The ideal candidate is passionate and has hands-on expertise with Amazon Web Services (AWS). They must have had previous experience with migration of applications and data from any platform to cloud environments. The candidate must have systems administration experience with Linux or Windows operating systems; hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMware, Xen, etc.); the ability to analyze, design, and implement cloud migrations; experience integrating applications with cloud services (e.g., monitoring, backups, networking, etc.); good written and oral communications.
- Design Low Level Detailed Migration Plans for Workloads from any platform to AWS
- Utilize workload migration tools to AWS
- Develop technical roadmaps, data migration approaches to successfully complete the project
- Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.
- Implementation and documentation of best practices; assessment of new tools and technologies
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying cloud-centric solutions.
- Provide project updates through weekly business calls and status reports
- Identify opportunities to provide additional value to our clients and to work internally with the Rackspace sales and account team to progress
- Work closely with FAWS leadership, peer and support teams to establish best practices and provide multiple solutions for the customer