Rackspace is seeking an experienced partner development manager to cultivate partnerships with the Azure partner ecosystem. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build mindshare and enable broad use of Fanatical Support for Azure and associated offers. In collaboration with Rackspace’s Azure business unit and main line sales teams, you will establish, grow, and manage partner relationships.
- Understanding the partner organization and sales process, in order to connect partner sellers with Rackspace sellers
- Executing a cadence of interactions with partners so they understand the Rackspace value proposition, offer updates, and sales process
- Coordinating the flow of leads between the partner and Rackspace. Planning and executing tactical field activities that builds relationships with Azure field and Rackspace field teams (West, East, Central)
- Executing a cadence of updates of our new offerings, wins and capabilities
- Manages the relationship with the most significant members of the Rackspace Partner Network.
- Focuses on lead generation and top of funnel activities in order to drive leads and opportunities to sell Rackspace products through indirect sales channels.
- Serves as liaison to partners with regards to any sales related issues.
- Performs strategic partner management including involvement with other business units such as product development, marketing, etc.
- Partners with legal department and channel operations to negotiate contracts.
- Relays client feedback to product development staff.
- Assists management in devising indirect sales plans and strategies.
- Determines ways to differentiate from competitors.
- Assists marketing with design and promotional strategies.
- Performs sales activities for an assigned geographic area or product/service line through indirect sales channels to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Contacts and visits prospective customers to determine needs.
- Creates and performs sales presentations to match company’s products/services with identified needs.
- Remains knowledgeable of company’s products/services to facilitate sales efforts.
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required.
- Maintains regular contact with partners to ensure satisfaction.
- Maintains a regular schedule of contact via phone/onsite visits.
- Educates partners and their sales teams to new or improved products/services.