Rackspace is looking for Software Developers in Test (SDT) to join our Quality Engineering Organization. As a Senior SDT, you will be given the responsibility of writing test automation and responsible for testing for a new product focused on integrating with the AWS Cloud.
Our Quality Engineering Organization brings engineering talent to the forefront and works closely with development to continuously deliver code to our customers that is reliable, scalable, and functional. We are looking for technical development engineers that have experience in testing and who will help us continue our mission of providing a high quality experience for our customers, while working in a collaborative, dynamic and fun environment.
If you like being challenged and want to continue to learn and grow while bringing your best every single day – then being an SDT at Rackspace is for you. Join us at a company that has an award-winning culture and a set of core values that you can stand behind. Come to Rackspace and be a Quality Engineering Racker!
You will get to collaborate with a small team of engineers to write and test this new product offering for Rackspace. Focus on testing and building APIs and services that integrate and build on top of the AWS portfolio to create a truly managed cloud experience. The APIs will be used by customers, Rackspace UIs, and other teams at Rackspace.
This position will report directly to the Applications Lead of Quality Engineering, and is open to remote workers, although San Antonio, Texas, Austin,Texas or Blacksburg, Virginia is preferred.
• Designs and implements test frameworks and tools
• Writes and executes automated test scripts using a pre-defined framework
• Writes positive and negative smoke and regression test scripts to test product functionality and integration with dependencies
• Tests APIs, user interfaces, web services and/or web applications
• Writes performance, load, and stress tests
• Conducts code reviews of more junior SDT's tests
• Provides input for solving problems and recommends or executes a well-defined remediation plan
• Participates in design and architecture reviews
• Collaborates with other quality and development engineers to build, evolve, and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline
• Conducts technical phone screens for QE openings
• Maintain and Develop Continuous Delivery Systems such as Jenkins
• Experience working on a distributed team
• 5-8 years of development test automation experience
• At least 3 years of building or testing applications, preferably back-end services with APIs
* Experience with REST based APIs
• Usage of AWS cloud environments to deploy applications and related tooling like Beanstalk, Ansible or Salt
• Experience working with common fronted technologies like ReachJS, Angular, Ember, or Backbone
• BS in Computer Science or technical related degree or equivalent experience
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
• Strong knowledge of web protocols, networking, and systems
• Experience with Linux, such as Red Hat or Ubuntu and/or Windows
• Demonstrated working proficiency of Unix shell scripting
• Demonstrated working proficiency with a UI automation tool such as Selenium, QTP, or Silk
• Demonstrated working proficiency of refactoring code and iterative development
• Strong knowledge of open source tools such as curl, JMeter
• Strong knowledge of continuous integration and delivery concepts
• Working experience implementing test code within a continuous integration and delivery pipeline
• Demonstrated proficiency in creating technical documentation
• Strong knowledge of performance, load, and stress testing
• Experience working within an agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.) from the test design, test automation, and execution perspective
• Ability to analyze and translate requirements and development stories into test scripts
• Excellent knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
• Strong knowledge of Cloud computing concepts
• Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong understanding of software/testing methodologies such as TDD
• Experience working in Cloud computing
* Experience with various database technologies, such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or Cassandra.