The Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to deliver projects that produce the required products, to the required standard of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost for the customer. The projects are typically large, with high complexity and have high risk exposure. Responsible for the project producing a result which is capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Statement of Work.
· Adheres to the Project Governance Structure (PGS) for Project Delivery.
· Works with technical resources on Rackspace and customer side to gain clear requirements.
· Defines the project requirements and manages the agreement process within the (PGS).
· Defines and manages project scope, goals and deliverables in accordance with Statement of Work and in collaboration with Service Line Leads and other stakeholders.
· Creates and maintains the project schedule and communicates changes in baseline to required parties using appropriate tools and templates.
· Manages and leads key resources in the delivery of project in partnership with the customer to ensure acceptance, project closeout and transition.
· Successfully plots and manages critical path.
· Creates detailed test and communications plans.
· Maintains Project Documentation as defined in the PMO process.
· Adheres to the Change Control (CC) and Configuration Management process for the deliverables of their project against agreed plans.
· Defines, assesses, implements, and manages project variances (e.g. schedule variance); evaluate impacts to overall project commitment and advises customer and stakeholders on associated risks.
· Manages project risks and produces an effective plan and risk assessment so that timelines and costs are agreed to by all parties.
· Ensures that formal review and approval procedures are used. Builds and manages the relationship with key stakeholders (customer, subcontractors and Rackspace). Manages internal and customer stakeholder expectations.
· Creates project budget and gives approval for spend on smaller work streams. Oversees the tracking of project costs and payment milestones.
· Accurately plans and updates resource utilization for projects.
· Resolves conflicting resource requirements that may affect the delivery outcome. Requests additional resources when required in a timely manner.
· Utilizes Rackspace recommended vendors and partners where appropriate for the project.
· Accurately produces and presents project highlight reports.
· Leads a team of resources assigned to a project in conjunction with managing the relationship with the customer, subcontractors and Rackspace.
· Provides ongoing direction to project resources and delegates appropriately.
· Provides leadership regarding project priorities, timeline, resources, and issues.
· Models accountability and success to project members and resources.
· Provides performance feedback for team members as appropriate.
· Chairs lessons learned meetings.
· Solid understanding of project management processes and frameworks.
· Strong skills in planning and schedule management.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment where work requires collaboration and interdependence on others.
· Ability to troubleshoot issues and brainstorm solutions.
· Solid communication skills; written, verbal, reporting, presentation to large and small groups.
· Ability to establish and follow process.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Ability to identify and address or escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
· Strong relationship and partnering skills and the ability to work with varying levels of individual contributors and management.
· Ability to influence peers, managers and customers while dealing with ambiguity.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Business or a related field required.
· 2-4 years of professional experience in project management required.
· Demonstrated application of project management principles/theories/framework required.
· Solid, demonstrable experience managing medium to large projects in a fast paced/dynamic environment, which required collaboration across groups and levels.
· PMP certification highly desired, or commitment to complete certification an appropriate time frame.