Rackspace is looking for a Revenue Staff Accountant to join our team. Rackspace is a global organization and is looking for a highly motivated professional for this role. This individual will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and providing detail and summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income statement.
- Prepare and review journal entries but not limited to: accounts receivable, allowance for doubtful accounts, deferred revenue, and other revenue accruals.
- Ensuring accuracy of revenue data.
- Analyzing and understanding products and revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition and coding.
- Ensure internal controls are performed timely and accurately.
- Determine monthly revenue forecast and perform analysis.
- Actively review related processes and procedures for improvement and collaborating with other impacted teams to implement.
- Perform monthly/quarterly close activities, including account analysis, variance explanations, and PBCs.
- Working directly with external customers to address inquires and resolve discrepancies.
- Position requires work beyond a standard 8 hours day during the financial close and other occasions as necessary, potentially including weekends and holidays.