Rackspace is seeking an Azure DevOps Engineer to join our team in San Antonio, Austin, or Remote.
Do you like to automate even the most simple tasks to remove manual work? Do single points of failure and non-HA systems give you nightmares? Are you comfortable with cloud technologies? If this describes you and you’re ready to attack some of the most complex problems in the industry, then it’s time for you to take on the challenge of being a DevOps Engineer for our Rackspace Fanatical Azure platform.
Microsoft Azure is one of the fastest growing cloud platforms in the world today with Rackspace supporting some of the top Enterprise Azure customers. In this role you will be part of the team that architects, implements and deploys our Microsoft Azure cloud based offerings.
- Our DevOps Engineers get to build one-of-a-kind, cutting edge cloud solutions for some of our top enterprise customers.
- Our primary focus is to distill confidence in our customers by creating customized solutions and a top-notch customer onboarding experience.
- Customer deployments should be solidly reliable and repeatable.
- Knowledge of tools like Azure automation, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet is critical to achieving this goal.
- If you enjoy writing programmatic solutions to reduce customer turnaround time and your own workload, this team is what you’re looking for.
In this role you will:
- Work with a talented and highly engaged team of Engineers, Relationship Managers and Product Team
- Automate infrastructure deployments for customer environments on Microsoft Azure platform
- Architect Azure environment best practices and deployment methodologies
- Create automation tools and processes to improve Team and Racker day to day functions
- Educate customers on Azure and Rackspace best practices and architecture
- Assist in educational briefings for teammates to advance in technical trainings for continued growth
- Act as an escalation point for our Azure Support Engineers when required
- Provide a continuous Fanatical Support experience for our customers