We are currently seeking a Senior Account Manager to join our growing Strategic Team at Rackspace in San Antonio, TX.
The Strategic Team is responsible for providing industry leading Fanatical Support™ to Rackspace’s largest Enterprise customers. This role is in support of one specific customer hosting business critical, customer-facing, revenue generating applications on highly complex, highly customized public cloud & dedicated infrastructure. Rackspace provides full-stack support for many applications, which requires close collaboration with Professional Services and third-party application support contractors. The customer subscribes to a wide range of our product portfolio offerings, and is often at the forefront of helping Rackspace develop those & create new ones. There is an exceptionally high expectation for the level of service required and provided. Strategic accounts are typically a combination of high Monthly Recurring Revenue (“MRR”) and are identified as being a long-term, strategic customer for Rackspace. The management of these customer environments is complex and, compared to the majority of Rackspace’s account base, often carry a high degree of risk from conception through deployment and ongoing operational support, over longer timescales and contract lengths.
The Senior Account Manager has ownership of the relationship between Rackspace and their dedicated portfolio of customers. The Senior Account Manager is expected to continually develop and strengthen the relationships held to create strategic partnerships through pro-active and personable interactions.
Success in the role requires:
- Commercial and business acumen.
- A passion and strength for building robust relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- The ability to identify opportunities to delight and wow customers.
- Proven experience of Service Delivery best practices (including ITIL).
- An innovative approach to problem solving.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills at all levels, technical through to directors.
- The ability to motivate and galvanize disparate teams to deliver against customer requirements.
Individual contributor responsible for delivering outcomes requiring coordination across multiple teams. Work is coordinated and communicated with the customer via in person meetings, tickets, VC, email, and IM. Directly responsible for all aspects of service delivery: oversight of customer's ticket queue, continual service improvement, problem management, and incident management.
- Owns the relationship held with each customer and serves as an interface between the customer and the Rackspace support infrastructure to ensure the customer’s technical, system administration, and specialist support needs are met.
- Owns customer issues from identification to resolution and ensures customers know the value of Fanatical Support.
- Maximizes the strength of the customer relationship by building a solid rapport with stakeholders in both the client and Rackspace organization, identifying and taking advantage of sales, networking and PR opportunities and managing difficult situations to ensure that Rackspace’s reputation of Fanatical Support is upheld.
- Owns customer requests for component upgrades.
- Partners with Sales to identify, research, and execute on opportunities to leverage the Rackspace product portfolio and to grow customers’ footprint.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for the delivery of pre- and post-sales services and support to clients/customers.
- Manages all facets of customer retention (CRM) including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining and developing a customer contact strategy.
- Analyzes operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements and value add to the customer/clients.
- Develops customer service department procedures.
- Liaises between customers and manufacturing, sales, field service, order processing and accounting to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Reviews SLA claims.
- Develops and manages responses, ensuring customer service with speed and accuracy and all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved.
- Manages market research to determine special pricing for non standard items in the interests of ensuring appropriate profit margins are reached and maintained.
- Manages technical resource(s) to solve customer problems and escalations.
- Coordinates builds and maintenances. Renews customer contracts.
- Responsible for conversion of all component upgrades.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.