Rackspace is a leading managed services provider for cloud and hosting solutions based on VMware technologies with more than a decade’s worth of VMware operational expertise gained from operating thousands of virtual machines and hypervisors on a global scale. This is one of the biggest market opportunities and a growing business for Rackspace. This division is also one of the largest businesses within Rackspace with aggressive goals to grow the business further.
As part of the product management team within the Rackspace VMware division, you will be empowered to take complete ownership of our hosting and cloud products powered by VMware technologies. You will have a great opportunity to grow your career working on some of the latest and greatest VMware technologies, including compute, storage and network virtualization, software-defined datacenter, cloud orchestration and automation, and more. Develop product strategies to help transform thousands of customers from their on-premise IT infrastructure into a hybrid cloud journey by working alongside Rackspace architects, engineers, support, marketing, sales as well as our VMware partners. You will be able to directly influence the customer growth and revenue and have a direct impact to the bottom line of this business.
Do you love technology? Do you love ownership of a product through its entire lifecycle including owning the strategy, roadmap, business case, execution, launch, go-to-market, sales and support enablement? Do you want to have an influence in the future of traditional IT customers to grow into the hybrid cloud world? Do you want to grow your career in one of the hottest areas of managed hosting and cloud solutions? Join us in the product management team of Rackspace VMware division in this journey.
* Ensures achievement of strategic revenue objectives for a specific product or product family. Researches market trends and needs.
* Articulates results in the form of product requirements. Develops business cases and financial forecasts.
* Plays a proactive role in product planning and design to ensure the product is differentiated from competitors in the marketplace.
* Develops content for marketing collateral and sales training to ensure successful product launches.
* Involved throughout the entire lifecycle of the product, working closely with development teams and support teams from product initiation to delivery to eventual product retirement.
* Manages the success of assigned products and develops requirements for future product releases.
* Creates Product Line Strategies.
* Develops pricing strategies and business cases for new offerings.
* Researches and creates product requirements docs.
* Facilitates build vs. buy analysis.
* Works with Product Marketing Manager to plan and execute go-to-market strategy.
* Researches competitors’ products, assesses competitive advantages and determines what product features and functionality will be built.
* Provides guidance to sales teams in new customer acquisition deals.
* Gathers customer and sales feedback for continuous improvement of product.
* Drives product evangelization among sales teams and customers.
* Tracks and reports business and customer metrics for launched products.