We are currently seeking Solution Architects to join our team full time at Rackspace.
- Applies an advanced knowledge of business acumen, technical knowledge and solutioning principles to a variety of sales opportunities with moderate to high MRR.
Provide technical pre-sales and post-sales support for all facets of the entire Rackspace Enterprise Application Services product line for prospective and existing customers.
Participate in customer facing meetings to determine business and technical requirements that will be used in developing solutions.
Provide technical product expertise during meetings to prospective and existing customers, advising on deployment architectures, and handle in-depth technical questions during sales meetings and calls with the goal to build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor.
Articulate value proposition, present product information, and build value throughout the sales process to all departments of the customer's organization in support of the selection of Rackspace Enterprise Application Services.
Provide technical and liaison services for Rackspace Enterprise Application Services relating to implementation, configuration, performance monitoring, tuning, and customer production cutover.
Contribute to sales process improvement, including developing knowledge bases, creating sales tools and mentoring other Sales Engineers
Responsible for pricing of the solution based on requirements. This includes working with price lists, bundles, and obtaining special approvals for discounting, product deviations
Provide assistance with purchases and procurement related to solutions.
- Proven extensive technical knowledge with ability to quickly learn new concepts.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the entire Rackspace portfolio and is a subject matter expert for a section of the portfolio (Enterprise Application Services).
- Demonstrated success in positioning Rackspace against competitor offerings.
- Helps refine value proposition of products and services to maintain Rackspace competitive edge.
- Thorough knowledge of Rackspace support and sales processes with demonstrated success in closing complex business (multiple customer touch points and month+ sales cycle).
- Ability to help navigate significant deals around internal obstacles to ensure revenue realization.
- Engages process owners to continually improve pre-sales and implementation customer experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize deals, training, and initiatives through highly effective time management.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, presentation, and whiteboarding skills.
- Track record of success working through technical challenges within enterprise organizations.
- Track record of success dealing with ambiguity (internal and external) and working collaboratively with other departments and organizations to solve challenging problems.
- Strong knowledge of technology and industry trends that affect hosting decisions for enterprise organizations.
- Leverages training, education, and previous experience to gather customer requirements, respectfully challenge customer assumptions, and translate into a Rackspace supportable solution.
- Occasionally leads customer workshops to define broader hosting and cloud strategies.
- Primary technical contact on specific opportunities of moderate to high complexity while also providing guidance and thought leadership during the sales process.
- Participates and leads customer calls and face to face meetings.
- In close collaboration with the sales team, will occasionally lead customer engagements.
- Evaluates customer needs and influences direction of solution design beyond immediate opportunity.
- Advanced understanding of the tools of the solutioning trade (Salesforce, Proposal Tools, Technology Sizing Tools).
- Responsible for associated activities such as capturing notes and activities in Salesforce and managing deal pipeline.
- Proficient with advanced reporting functions of Salesforce.
- Proficient in assisting sales team in soliciting buying signs and compelling events.
- Identifies decision makers and builds extensive networks to help facilitate lead generation, with an emphasis on technical influencers.
- Foresees potential technical and business customer objections early in the sales cycle.
- Overcomes concerns and lowers customer risk to selecting Rackspace.
- As a Trusted Advisor, with deep understanding of the customer's business, uncovers both overt and latent pains.
- Develops deep relationships with Rackspace sales and support teams to deliver advanced strategic account planning including methods for generating additional business opportunities and cross-selling within an organization.