Are you a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in FANATICAL support? Do you possess exceptional management and people skills with the ability to engage and motivate staff? Do you have a real passion for virtualization technology, in particular, VMware?? If so, this may be the role for you! At Rackspace, the Manager of Virtualization is responsible for building and supporting a team of highly motivated individuals in their pursuit of excellence.
In this role, you will:
- Manage personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, mentors, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary).
- Provide direct team leadership and coaching to a support team charged with designing, deploying and managing business operations that support internal operational segments.
- Think 6-12 months out and strategically direct the team toward goals.
- Lead by example and have a deep commitment to both exemplary customer service and Racker support.
- Work cross functionally with other business leaders, and works on business issues that affect and improve Rackspace as a company, in addition to their team’s goals.
- Support aligned Product and Marketing teams to assure competitiveness and supportability of Rackspace’s VMWare products
- Plans directs and controls the development and assigning of work among team, and leads staff, providing support and direction.
- Develops and establishes departmental standards and procedures.
- Drives changes in procedures, systems or processes that would increase productivity and better serve customer requirements.
- Works with finance and other leadership to develop and manage a multimillion dollar budget.
- Provides input in establishing the budget and manages adherence.
- Monitors and maintains quality control standards.
- Seeks out new strategic solutions in an effort to improve Rackspace performance.
- Oversees team operations and reports to senior management.
- Oversees adherence to policies and procedures.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for the delivery of support to customers.
- Strategically analyzes operational processes, business procedures and performs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements and value add to the customer/clients. Develops department procedures.
- Serves as a primary liaison among various business groups within Rackspace, representing both the Segment, as well as broader Rackspace goals.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the functions of the team.
- Provides instructions and supervision to team.
- Coaches and develops team.
- Experience in handling multiple tasks, and able to prioritize and highly varied work level in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Ability to work with VMWare Practice to operationalize the service delivery aspect of new Rackspace products and capabilities.
- Helps develop supporting training and documentation and ensures the team is prepared to provide Fanatical support.
- Manages small to medium sized teams.
- Receives minimal instruction.
- Assists Supervisor in coaching and developing team.
- Serves as back-up to the Supervisor position.