Rackspace is seeking a Linux Operations Engineer to join us in our Blacksburg, VA office. The Operations Engineer is focused on operational support of multiple systems for multiple Products. Their efforts target short term solutions, quick fixes.
A key element within the Rackspace DevOps Team and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers via systems operations administration and serves as an escalation point for customer facing support.
Primarily responsible for:
- Infrastructure optimization, monitoring, and up-time.
- Escalated customer issues that may take several days or weeks to resolve.
- Applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way via the ticketing system.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Coordinates terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing.
- Approves action requests and specifies purchase requirements.
- Responsible for solving customer's technical issues, which can include OS level, webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, or other software issue.
- Monitors alerts, resolves and/or escalates accordingly.
- Handles level-appropriate customer support requests via the ticket system.
- Escalates support requests (phone/ticket) according to escalation procedures.
- Works to prevent and solve problems that are unique to the cloud space, including, but not limited to, web servers, database servers, cache accelerator servers, mail servers, ftp servers, backend storage systems, and load balancers and the interactions of these devices with one another.
- Schedules and coordinates level-appropriate maintenance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system service issues and OS level issues.