A System Administrator is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers over the phone, via chat, and in support tickets. A System Administrator is the owner of complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve. The Sys Admin applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at the same time keeping the customer updated via the ticketing system and phone. A System Administrator is expected to use initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience, using existing or planned methods, and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability and security of the customer’s solution.
Maintains diagnoses and administers customer’s solutions using the Windows platform. Responsible for solving customer's technical issues which can include OS level, web server, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP or other software issues. Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations. Exercises ethical judgment in decision making in order to routinely deliver FANATICAL customer support.
4th Shift / Weekend Shift
- Provide exceptional customer support via ticketing system, chat, and phone calls.
- Ownership of level appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution.
- Escalation of support requests to senior systems administrators and other support teams according to escalation procedures.
- Holding team members accountable to high work standards.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Knowledge sharing via brown bags and knowledge base articles.
- Receive Escalations from Support Specialists and Level I Windows Systems Administrators.
- Work with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships.
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Help assist with customer implementation calls.
- Share information and knowledge with the support floor as appropriate.
- Can adapt communication methods and personal style as appropriate to meet the needs of the situation.
- Understand, sign off on, and follow defined policy and process standards.
- Schedules and coordinates level-appropriate maintenances.
- Have an understanding what other department responsibilities are that support leverages.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ticket Contribution and Phone/Chat Availability: Working as a team to serve our customers, helping the overall team hit their metrics and maintaining individual metrics to be in line with peers.
- Customer rating on work done
- High ticket review percent average
- High level of first pass yield on written or QC'd maintenances