The Office Manager coordinates administrative activities of an office or department within the boundaries of established policy and procedure. Responsible for purchasing of office supplies and the control of inventories within budget.
- Coordinates administrative aspects of offices.
- Ensures that appropriate office procedures and standards are developed, managed, and maintained.
- Looks for ways to improve office efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Monitors work activities of office services personnel, including mail distribution, copy center, and/or basic maintenance and facilities management, etc.
- Keeps management informed of schedules, priorities, and problems.
- May investigate and negotiate contracts for best prices of office supplies; controls inventories of supplies.
- May make transportation and travel arrangements and may coordinate activities with travel agencies and airlines in the absence of a Travel Coordinator.
- Does not typically have management responsibilities such as hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews; however, may assist with such decisions and activities.