The primary duty of an Agile Project Manager is to assist the team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition. Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices. Identifies and removes impediments, prevents distractions. Facilitates discussion and conflict resolution. Empowers the team to self-organize.
Rackspace is seeking an experienced Agile Project Manager to join the VMware Private Cloud Practice. The Practice is responsible for designing and delivering virtualization solutions built on industry leading VMware Technology that solves mission-critical customer business problems. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering new products and features that provide exceptional business value to customers.
As an Agile Project Manager, you will…
* Lead and Manage projects across departments consisting of multiple Agile teams
* Play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
* Assist the team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
* Use JIRA to track team progress and delivery performance
* Understand bottlenecks and potential improvements to optimize how the team works
* Participate in daily stand-ups with project teams
* Support the Product Owner/Manager in managing customer expectations for project deliverables
* Understand and communicate priorities
* Drive accountability for team commitments on deliverables
* Communicate and track the project plan to cross-functional teams, ensuring its overall success
* Track and monitor progress of projects and effectively communicate the status to leaders and stakeholders within the business