We are looking to add a new member to our team to assist in the accounting and analysis of fixed assets and inventory for a global organization. This individual will participate in meetings with our Finance, Inventory Management, Office and Data Center asset teams to develop a solid understanding of changes in the business in order to understand the impact to the financial statements. They will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and providing detail and summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income statement.
- Perform operational type processes to add, retire, and dispose of assets
- Prepare and record journal entries timely and accurately, according to GAAP.
- Work with and assist Finance and Business Unit teams in preparation of annual/quarterly budgets and provide guidance on the accounting treatment of certain expenditures and purchases.
- Work closely with related Non Accounting (mentioned above) teams to understand business transactions and ensure they are processed and accounted for timely and accurately.
- Actively review related processes and procedures for improvement and collaborating with other impacted teams to implement.
- Perform monthly/quarterly close activities, including account analysis, variance explanations, and PBCs for the SEC, and Tax teams, as well as external auditors.
- Position requires work beyond a standard 8 hours day during the financial close and other occasions as necessary, potentially including weekends and holidays.