- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a bias for action
- Experience working with a range of customers (SMB, MM and Enterprise)
- Demonstrated, strong analysis capabilities and technical knowledge by providing supportable technical solutions
- Attention to detail in documenting information and ability to show ownership of follow through in customer resolutions
- Expertise in OS, networking and cloud architecture fundamentals
- Hands-on knowledge for migrating OS workloads to AWS
- Hands on knowledge for migrating OS workloads in Azure\Google.
- Strong CLI and API scripting (e.g., PowerShell, JSON, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Successful track record of implementing Azure\Google services in a variety of distributed computing environments.
- Experience using discovery tools to define and develop customer requirement and pricing model. Working knowledge or exposure to Agile teams.
- Understanding of migration concepts and mechanisms (e.g. The 6 R’s; synchronization mechanisms - block, image, file; sequencing and application grouping; landing zone/blueprints
- Experience migrating databases into Azure
- Experience database/data store technologies (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc)
Nice to haves:
- Experience using DMS (Database Migration Service)
- Experience using SMS (Server Migration Service)
- Azure Certifications
- Pre-sales experience
- Some development experiences
- Experience administering Linux operating systems (please ask for a list, RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience scripting on Linux systems with tools like bash or Python
- Some exposure to Docker/containers
- Experience with operating Windows 2008, and Windows 2012 and hopefully some exposure to Windows 2016
- Experience with managing IIS.
- Some experience working with PowerShell
- Some experience managing Domain Controllers or other Windows services.
- Some experience setting up SQL Server
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related.
- 8 or more years in technical support (i.e. systems administration) or IT professional services. 2 year working with cloud technologies.
- Relevant certifications- additional advantage