The Network Security Administrator is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide a high level of technical support to our customers via the phone and ticketing system. This role owns complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve and keeps our customers updated through every step of the process. The Network Security Administrator is expected to take initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may encounter and suggest alternatives which may better serve the stability and security of the customer's solution. Technical issues can include troubleshooting customer network environments including firewalls, load balancers, IDS and WAF appliances. The role will also support many elements of the Rackspace Cloud product portfolio, including creating hybrid solutions by connecting cloud to dedicated infrastructure using RackConnect (tm) .
The Network Security Administrator will create and maintain customer loyalty by providing Fanatical Support above and beyond customer expectations.
- Provide exceptional customer support via the phone and ticketing system
- Own level-appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution
- Escalate support requests to next level engineers and other support teams according to escalation procedures
- Troubleshoot monitoring alerts and create tickets accordingly
- Schedule and coordinate level-appropriate maintenances
- Monitor ticket response times and take appropriate actions to ensure team response time targets are met
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other administrators on the support floor
- Review and sign off on defined policy and process standards
Level-appropriate knowledge of and/or professional experience with:
The Network Security Administrator has a basic to advanced knowledge of the following devices (relative to level):
- Services and protocols commonly used in hosting environments: web servers, database servers, mail servers, name servers.
- Networking concepts and devices [All OSI Layers]
Higher level candidates are specialized in one of the following areas:
- Perimeter Security with Firewalls & VPNs (applicable platforms include Cisco ASA, ASA-X and Juniper SRX firewalls)
- Content Networking & Application Delivery (load balancing) (applicable platforms include F5 LTM / GTM and Brocade ADX)
- Advanced Security technologies (intrusion detection, prevention and enhanced authentication) (IDS, WAF, RSA, IPS)
The Network Security Administrator is:
- Passionate about technology and has a desire to constantly expand technical knowledge
- Detail-oriented in documenting information and able to own customer issues through resolution
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work under pressure
- Demonstrate sound problem-solving skills coupled with a desire to take on responsibility