Rackspace is modernizing IT in today’s multi-cloud world. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. We serve over 50% of the Fortune 100 companies & customers in 120 countries around the globe. Our achievements are powered by our people – we call them Rackers. We grow & thrive through world-class development opportunities, learning & selling bleeding-edge technologies & solutions, and most importantly, connecting with each other (the best & brightest in the industry). Are you a Racker? Join us!
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
**US REMOTE** **WORK FROM HOME**
Rackspace is looking for a Senior/Lead Software Developer in Test (SDT) to join our Quality Engineering Organization. As a Senior SDT, you will be given the responsibility of leading testing and automation efforts as well as writing test automation for internal products in our CARE product line.
Our Quality Engineering Organization brings engineering talent to the forefront and works closely with development to continuously deliver code to our customers that is reliable, scalable, and functional. We are looking for technical development engineers that have experience in testing and who will help us continue our mission of providing a high quality experience for our customers, while working in a collaborative, dynamic and fun environment.
If you like being challenged and want to continue to learn and grow while bringing your best every single day – then being an SDT at Rackspace is for you. Join us at a company that has an award-winning culture and a set of core values that you can stand behind. Come to Rackspace and be a Quality Engineering Racker!
This position will report directly to the QE Manager and is based in Austin, Tx.
Leads automation efforts for products within a product Line
• 6+ years of development and test automation experience
• BS in Computer Science or technical related degree or equivalent experience
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of web protocols, networking, and systems
• Experience with Linux, such as Red Hat or Ubuntu and/or Windows
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of UI automation tools such as Selenium
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of refactoring code and iterative development
• Strong knowledge of open source tools such as curl, JMeter
• Advanced knowledge of continuous integration and delivery concepts
• Working experience implementing test code within a continuous integration and delivery pipeline
• Demonstrated proficiency in creating technical documentation
• Strong knowledge of performance, load, and stress testing
• Experience working within an agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.) from the test design, test automation, and execution perspective
• Ability to analyze and translate requirements and development stories into test scripts
• Excellent knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of Cloud computing concepts
• Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong understanding of software/testing methodologies such as TDD
• Experience working in Cloud computing