Rackspace is looking for a Senior/Lead Software Developer in Test (SDT) to join our Quality Engineering Organization. As a Senior SDT, you will be given the responsibility of leading testing and automation efforts as well as writing test automation for internal products in our CARE product line.
Our Quality Engineering Organization brings engineering talent to the forefront and works closely with development to continuously deliver code to our customers that is reliable, scalable, and functional. We are looking for technical development engineers that have experience in testing and who will help us continue our mission of providing a high quality experience for our customers, while working in a collaborative, dynamic and fun environment.
If you like being challenged and want to continue to learn and grow while bringing your best every single day – then being an SDT at Rackspace is for you. Join us at a company that has an award-winning culture and a set of core values that you can stand behind. Come to Rackspace and be a Quality Engineering Racker!
This position will report directly to the QE Manager and is based in Austin, Tx.
Leads automation efforts for products within a product Line
• 6+ years of development and test automation experience
• BS in Computer Science or technical related degree or equivalent experience
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of web protocols, networking, and systems
• Experience with Linux, such as Red Hat or Ubuntu and/or Windows
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of UI automation tools such as Selenium
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of refactoring code and iterative development
• Strong knowledge of open source tools such as curl, JMeter
• Advanced knowledge of continuous integration and delivery concepts
• Working experience implementing test code within a continuous integration and delivery pipeline
• Demonstrated proficiency in creating technical documentation
• Strong knowledge of performance, load, and stress testing
• Experience working within an agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.) from the test design, test automation, and execution perspective
• Ability to analyze and translate requirements and development stories into test scripts
• Excellent knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of Cloud computing concepts
• Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong understanding of software/testing methodologies such as TDD
• Experience working in Cloud computing