COMPANY OVERVIEW: Rackspace, the #1 managed cloud company, helps businesses tap the power of cloud computing without the challenge and expense of managing complex IT infrastructure and application platforms on their own. Rackspace engineers deliver specialized expertise on top of leading technologies developed by AWS, Microsoft, OpenStack, VMware and Google, through a results-obsessed service known as Fanatical Support®. Rackspace differentiates themselves by offering customers their choice of leading platforms, including Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud. Headquartered in San Antonio, the company serves customers in 120 countries and has more than 300,000 customers worldwide, including two-thirds of the FORTUNE 100. Rackspace was named a leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers, Worldwide. Rackspace has also been honored as one of Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For in six of the last eight years, Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Parents and among the country’s best tech workplaces for 2017.
THE POSITION: Reporting to the Sr. Director of Managed Hosting, the Colocation Product Management Director will lead Product Managers, Product Architects, and Product Ops for Managed Hosting Colocation product line.
- Responsible for overall vision and long-term product strategy/roadmap for the Colocation product line.
- Responsible for Product Management process planning, execution, and continuous improvement, leveraging a data-driven approach.
- Understands the market, competitors, and customer pain points - continually adapts/evolves the product line accordingly to grow Colocation market share
- Owns Colocation product management, architect, and operations responsibilities.
- Partners with Product Marketing to build the associated messaging, positioning, and Sales enablement materials for the product line.
- Systematically captures feedback from competitors, analysts, channel partners, and field sales reps on product/market fit. Works with product engineering to ensure the roadmaps are delivered on-time and on budget.
- Provides oversight and optimization of Colocation product line costs.
- Work collaboratively across all product teams to establish an integrated roadmap and an enhanced multi-cloud customer lifecycle experience.
- Expert level knowledge on relevant hosting technologies, especially Colocation, and trends, company policies, and practices
- Thought leader regarding product strategy, operational planning, and competitive market, customer and business research
- Able to operate as a matrix manager in coordinating people and resources across the company
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, including setting vision and objectives, managing outcomes, staffing, performance management, employee development, and coaching.
- Solid business and financial acumen, including effectively managing costs and scaling for efficiency, and investment strategies
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- +8 years of experience in tech/cloud industry
- +4 years of experience in hosting/cloud/IT Product Management
- Experience in a management role preferred
- Functional knowledge of the competitive landscape and products for cloud/hosting Colocation.