The Account Manager at Rackspace owns the relationship held with each customer, and serves as an interface between the customer and the Rackspace support infrastructure to ensure the customer's technical, administration, and specialist support needs are met.
- Owns customer issues from identification to resolution and ensures customers know the value of Fanatical Support.
- Maximizes the strength of the customer relationship by building a solid rapport with stakeholders in both the client and Rackspace organization through identifying and taking advantage of sales, networking, and public relations opportunities and manages difficult situations to ensure Rackspace’s reputation of FANATICAL support is upheld.
- Owns customer requests for component upgrades.
- Partners with Sales to identify, research, and execute on opportunities to leverage the Rackspace product portfolio and to grow customers’ footprint.
- Progressive knowledge of hosting environment.
- Ability to adapt working style and approach to best communicate with various business contacts.
- Ability to apply previous work experiences to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to understand and apply RAX customer support model.
- Advanced interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Exhibits excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong knowledge of business products, industry trends/best practices and solid understanding of financial terminology.
- Solid understanding of Rackspace’s differentiator in the market with an ability to communicate the value of that difference to key stakeholders providing FANATICAL SUPPORT.
- Flexible and adaptable to work schedule based on customer need.
- Able to prioritize and highly varied work level in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and qualities.
- Ability to quickly learn Rackspace product offerings, customer service model and business processes. Basic knowledge of the technology industry. Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Manages relationships of more complex accounts due to level of MRR and complexity of systems.
- Supports Enterprise level accounts and/or the most complex SMB accounts.
- Uses professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve complex issues.
- Functions as an advanced relationship builder with internal and external influence.
- Innovatively solves complex customer problems.
- Executes advanced project management skills and techniques.
- Works cross-functionally to solve customer problems, involving internal teams based on product expertise and customer configuration.
- Schedules maintenances. Renews customer relationship with Rackspace.
- Responsible for the conversion of component upgrades.