- Write clean, maintainable code, following best practices and guidelines from Rackspace and the applicable open source communities.
- Design, implement, and maintain quality engineering infrastructure, such as test framework, CI tools, testing efficiency enhancement gadgets, and engineering metrics & reporting automation.
- Research, design, develop and maintain harness and frameworks for testing objectives, such as Chaos Monkey, code coverage, performance & scale, HA/failover, DR, etc.
- Deploy and maintain the Jenkins infrastructure and any other infrastructure tools that are deemed necessary for use by RPC testing.
- Collaborate with Release Engineering and Engineering Infrastructure Operations teams to deliver testing self-services, create CI pipelines, and maintain pipeline lifecycle.
- Provide support for engineering infrastructure and troubleshoot issues.
- Scope and estimate work to help with overall project planning.
- Communicate and write wiki articles to effectively convey and document complex technical concepts and processes.
- Contribute to and evangelize strategic direction of the team and ensure alignment with our overall organization strategy.
- Mentor developing DevOps engineers.
Requirements & Qualification
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and writing software on Linux platform. Preferably experienced in Python and Go.
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux Administrator with advance administration knowledge of Ubuntu and Red Hat.
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and object oriented software design practices.
- Solid knowledge on distributed, highly available and massively scalable system design.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience of common CI platforms, e.g. Jenkins, Travis.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience of modern DevOps practice, Agile process, and SDLC with focus from testing perspectives.
- Excellent scripting skill, using bash or other common linux scripting languages.
- Excellent knowledge of common platforms and tools such as Apache, MySQL/Postgres, Puppet, Ansible.
- Good working knowledge of Internet technologies including: TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, and DNS.
- Good working knowledge of Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
- Excellent troubleshooting skill, being able to navigate in through complex service topology and enterprise network to track down issues.
- Good working knowledge of cloud management platforms such as OpenStack, CloudStack or vCloud.
- Experienced with virtualization, preferably on multiple hypervisors.
- Experienced with working in open source communities.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous or fast changing work environment and execute on high level objectives with minimal or no guidance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Rackspace® is the global leader in managed hosting and founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Hundreds of thousands of customers look to Rackspace to deliver the best-fit infrastructure for their IT needs, leveraging a product portfolio that allows workloads to run where they perform best—whether on the public cloud, private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of platforms. The company's award-winning Fanatical Support® helps customers successfully architect, deploy, and run their most critical applications. Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, Rackspace operates data centers on four continents. Rackspace is featured on Fortune's list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
About Rackspace Private Cloud (RPC)
The RPC business of Rackspace is focusing on extending Rackspace's managed hosting expertise, to provision and manage dedicated open-source-based private clouds for our customers.