Product Marketing is responsible for the messaging and positioning of Rackspace products in the market – Cloud Solutions, Hardware Systems, and Industry Solutions. The PM teams are responsible for producing the core set of content and tools used by our global Sales Force and GTM teams to attract, engage, and convert prospects to customers.
The Product Marketing Director – Integrated Solutions will be responsible for providing cross-platform product marketing integration and discipline. He or she will deliver a set of scalable, high value-add product & solution marketing shared services to achieve better cross-functional integration while building consistency in outcomes through shared templates, frameworks, market intelligence, and sales enablement. He or she will collaborate across product/platform engineering, marketing, and management teams as well as the GTM organizations and external partners. This candidate should be a product marketing expert and collaborative leader to drive a strong product marketing discipline and cultivate a stronger product marketing competency.
- Serve as the in-house product marketing expert
- Provide overall product marketing governance and standards
- Define rules of engagement and interlock process between Product teams, Integrated Marketing, CTO, and sales and marketing
- Drive product marketing requirements to Platform teams
- Standardize messaging and value proposition frameworks in conjunction with brand and product teams
- Develop portfolio messaging and master product segmentation to enable sales and remove internal competition
- Develop sales enablement content hierarchy and deliverable strategy based on GTM needs
- Directs and develops the cross-platform product marketing and product launch activities as well as the institutes best practices for product marketing and launch as a standard for the product organization.
- Works with Sales, Engineering, Operations, and Marketing Communications executives to identify, develop, prioritize, and implement effective and productive product marketing strategies and plans.
- Oversees the entire life cycle of the integrated solutions portfolio, including the work of development teams from product initiation to delivery, to eventual product retirement.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of the solutions strategy to enable the GTM teams to accelerate in the market.
- Keeps executive-level management informed of departmental progress and problems.