This is a very unique opportunity for a person of great talent to accelerate our national partnerships build and advance our Victorian business
Rackspace ANZ has crucial role with this enhanced position to develop the Channel & Alliance engagement, routes-to-market and co-selling motions with top-level Rackspace strategic partners with aggressive growth plans playing a key role in our ability to grow. This position is part of the ANZ Sales Leadership team and will be instrumental in driving the growth of revenues and the Rackspace footprint inside our ANZ Partner and Customer base. This resource will own and manage the Rackspace engagement, to a targeted community of senior relationships, at a strategic and tactical level within the partner community.
You will also be responsible for leading Rackspace’s Melbourne-based team and acting as a “dotted line” Manager for all Melbourne-based Rackers. You will be responsible for coaching and developing the environment and team. Bringing true servant leadership qualities will be a must and creating the Melbourne identity with the Victorian team. Growing the Victorian office is a 2018 strategic leadership objective & has been called out to the business globally making this role a critical hire for the ANZ business. Over time with proven success additional scope in other areas may be assigned to the “Southern Region” territory.
To succeed you’ll be able to demonstrate excellent Alliances and Partner sales leadership and mentoring skills. You will be passionate about developing Rackspace’s business in Melbourne and building out an awesome team of Rackers with a vibrant and engaging culture. You will have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in a team leading capacity. You will also possess a strong ability to train and guide sales team members. An important part of this is a deep understanding and experience in Partner & Alliances development & management skills and new business generation techniques with our Tier 1 partners. We want a leader who will cherish the journey to market leadership for Rackspace in Melbourne and, in time, the broader Southern Region.
- Develop the partner strategy for Australia and assist in on-boarding of new partners and strengthening of existing partnerships (e.g. AWS, Microsoft)
- Lead Rackspace’s Melbourne-based team, representing them, both internally and externally, maintaining a high energy, motivational and high-performance sales environment
- Lead the development of regional growth strategy in partnership with the Sales Director and GM.
- Responsible for developing joint value propositions and go-to-market plans/offerings with strategic named partners to secure long term investment, maximising the opportunities for Rackspace and our partners. This may involve working with Technology & Alliance Partners to collaborate on value propositions for the channel partner community of both organisations.
- Managing and developing our tier 1 partners development of long term relationships with a selected strategic named partner community, with the primary goal of expanding the sales engagement and co-selling activities, increasing lead/opportunity generation and top of funnel activities, develop opportunities to sell Rackspace products through indirect sales channels
- Manage the strategic engagement with the partner community in ANZ (predominantly Australian-focused); ensuring a day-to-day engagement and ‘facetime’ with partners to build long-term joint value propositions (JVPs) and agree, where applicable, joint marketing investment to drive these propositions into the market.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key partner personnel and provide a level of conflict resolution skills between partners and Rackspace.
- In co-operation with the sales teams, create and implement partner development strategies that succeeds in exploiting the full business potential of the partner’s client and prospect base, through account mapping and reviewing of shared pipeline
- Become a channel subject market expert with high awareness and knowledge of the managed multi-cloud, Rackspace Managed Security, and Rackspace Enterprise Applications Services markets, industries and have the capability to enable/train Rackspace sales on partner joint value proposition.
- Provide regular updates (monthly, quarterly, annually) back to the business of performance against financial targets and actions in progress concerning those results these include: -
- Pipeline management across Tier 1 Partners
- Working with Partner Marketing to ensure creation, execution & measurement of partner MDF results
- Tracking the deals with partners and communicating back to the partner of deals status
- Working with Marketing to ensure win wires and success stories are created
- Running QBR’s with relevant metrics for the partner executives
- Establish effective communication channels with other teams and managers
- Act as a collaborative partner with other functional leaders to achieve regional growth targets