We are looking to add a new member to our team to assist in technical accounting review of revenue related items. The role requires a solid understanding of GAAP and willingness to research and document the application and interpretation of accounting standards and their impact on our revenue transactions. The ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated, proactive, enjoys analytical thinking, has an affinity for writing technical memos, and has strong written and oral communication skills (e.g. can explain technical accounting concepts to non-accountants).
Revenue Accountant job duties:
- Analyze and research revenue accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached. Work closely with revenue recognition manager to document conclusions.
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper recognition in accordance with authoritative literature.
- Participate in and help lead critical revenue accounting projects, including audit readiness and management reporting.
- Assist in defining global revenue processes; work closely with the International team and US Revenue team to define reporting requirements.
- Work cross functionally with finance, legal, and various business owners on a variety of projects. Advise business owners on the impact of their projects on the Company’s financial statements.
- Assist with special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise interns as needed.