POSITION PROFILE: Vice President, Product Marketing Private Cloud
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: EVP, Private Cloud
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Rackspace, the #1 provider of integrated multi-cloud solutions, is creating a new way for businesses to maximize the value of their applications without the challenge and expense of managing complex IT infrastructure and application platforms on their own. Rackspace is the market leader in Private Clouds, and is the leading innovator in the market. It is the leader in the Forrester Wave™, pioneered the Private Cloud-as-a-Service model which provides public cloud-type services in a single tenant environment, created the OpenStack cloud platform, led the market with Private Cloud Everywhere™, all while enabling customers to consume cloud services with resources located anywhere in the world. We also launched the first private cloud with a pay-as-you-go consumption mode in partnership with HPEl.
Headquartered in San Antonio, the company serves customers in 120 countries and has more than 300,000 customers worldwide, including two-thirds of the FORTUNE 100. Rackspace was named a leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Managed Service Providers, Worldwide. Rackspace has also been honored as one of Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For in six of the last eight years, Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Parents and among the country’s best tech workplaces for 2017.
THE POSITION: Reporting to the EVP & GM of Private Cloud, the VP, Product Marketing will be responsible leading all product marketing the company’s market-leading private cloud business. This person will define the future of IT infrastructure; creating and communicating to the world our vision for enterprise private cloud.
• Establish and communicate the compelling economic and other value propositions which determine how private clouds will capture more and more workloads.
• Position new and innovative capabilities.
• Promote new partnerships.
• Change industry perceptions.
• Create and define a new market category. Change the future of IT.
• Experience creating, or working on a team which created, a new market category.
• Deep expertise in cloud technology and usage patterns.
• Exceptional communications capability.
• Best-in-class product marketing leadership experience in market-changing organizations.
• Amazing track record of results, by effective and creative planning and execution.
• Ability to show us how you’ve taken great innovation, and positioned it to be understood and compelling in the market.
• Demonstrated ability to lead large teams, including setting vision and objectives, managing outcomes, staffing, performance management, employee development, and coaching.
• +10 years of experience in tech/cloud industry
• +10 years of experience in product marketing
• Direct experience leading teams
• Functional knowledge of the competitive landscape and products for across all private cloud products. #PRIORITY