We are looking for a multi-platform Security Engineer with a diverse set of skills that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. The successful candidate will work with Datapipe's Security Team to assist in deployment and operations of managed security services. This person must be comfortable interfacing with customers as this is a support position. This position involves understanding and working with a broad spectrum of security principles, architectures, and technologies. It is imperative the candidate not only have the technical prerequisites, but also has the ability to continuously learn and apply new concepts.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Experience as a Security Engineer and as a multi-disciplined Windows and Unix System Administrator.
- Understanding of diverse regulatory standards such as FISMA, PCI DSS and HIPAA.
- Hands-on experience configuring and deploying network/host-based web application firewalls, intrusion detection systems, Anti-malware, and vulnerability assessment technologies.
- Understanding of information security principles, concepts, and best practices.
- Demonstrated analytical skills; working directly with Clients and internal support teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of networking protocols, routing, VLANs, switches, and secure network designs.
- Performed risk assessments and provided recommendations and/or solutions to reduce overall system risk.
- Experience with applying industry accepted hardening standards to various operating systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Architect, deploy, and administer Tripwire, Splunk and Nessus Security Center in the support of a large enterprise environment with over one thousand virtual servers.
- Respond to challenging customer inquiries related to security topics and services.
- Engage in Client consultations to access security requirements and provide recommendations.
- Assist team in developing and maintaining security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Respond to IDS and SIEM alerts, incident response and investigation, and vulnerability remediation.
- Contribute to the knowledgebase and other Datapipe security resources.
- Ability to interpret and communicate the value proposition surrounding our security services.
Any of these skills are highly desirable:
- Knowledgeable and experience in Tripwire, Splunk and Nessus Security Center.
- Knowledgeable in ISO 27001, SSAE16, SOC2 and FISMA standards.
- Experience with cloud technologies and services in AWS and Azure.
- Scripting experience (PowerShell, BASH, etc..).
- Experience with Tripwire and SIEM technologies.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- RHCE, CCNA and/or CISSP certifications.