The Sr. Manager, Database is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction for the DBA teams supporting clients/customers.
- Manages all facets of service delivery including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining and developing Key Performance Metrics aligned to the end user experience.
- Analyzes operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training needs assessments to identify opportunities for service delivery improvements and value add to the customer/clients.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Develops technical processes and procedures.
- Liaises between customers, account teams, other support teams, and product management.
- Develops and manages service with speed and accuracy to ensure that all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved.
- Interact with a diverse group of technical, operational, and business teams across Rackspace, as well as Rackspace executive leadership.
- Assist frontline managers with personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary).