The Enterprise Incident Response Specialist is part of the Incident Management Operations team and manages resolution of and communications about those incidents that cause considerable impact or have the potential to impact either our customers, business-critical operations, internal systems or infrastructure that enables Rackers to provide Fanatical Support. This individual provides leadership to various technical teams to guide them in their efforts during the Incident Management phases of the Service Management Lifecycle.
- Own the event & incident management process, prioritizing (with business stakeholders) to ensure the most critical issues are addressed timely and successfully restored.
- Drive decisions related to prioritization and escalation of production events & incidents, and technical & business communication on impairments.
- Drive complex technical problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation & technical knowledge of all areas driving restoration of service with support teams.
- Partner with the various businesses within Rackspace to ensure rapid response and escalation of incidents and impairments.
- Serve as a consultant and mediator for technical challenges.
- Effective communication of issues to engineers & leadership within support teams, and updates, as well as resolutions or work-around to the customer as appropriate.
- As part of the Incident Management process, engage change approvers for changes to ensure protection of & stability to the production environment.
- Facilitate Problem Management validation of known error resolution & final validation.
- Own and partner with all teams to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Utilize timely and efficient communication using various techniques and tools such as email, conference calls, video conference bridges, ticketing systems, etc.
- Drive collaboration of multiple technology areas via technical bridges across both internal and client teams
- Authoritatively and confidently guide high priority incidents to resolution
- Continually improve process, procedures and change controls in conjunction with stakeholders and leadership.
- Develop new procedures and knowledge-base articles to improve services and ensure consistency of delivery.
- Provide Operational on-call support coverage as part of a rotation schedule
- Work some out of hours shifts as required to effect changes and support critical business periods