As a Linux Enterprise Support Architect (REMOTE), you're a highly-technical systems engineer capable of architecting, implementing and maintaining a state-of-the-art enterprise hosting environment for running ERP systems, with a deep level of expertise in Unix-like operating systems, virtualization, storage and networking. We want you because your technical talent, team-based mentality and leadership will continue to guide the growth of our administrators and drive us to the next level. As a Linux guru, you'll demonstrate Fanatical Support® by owning complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve, which also means you’ll be a key partner in building relationships with customers as you advise them of any pitfalls and alternatives that may better serve their solutions along the way. We don’t want you to just think outside of the box; we want you to break it.
- This position is responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of all hosted Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, vSphere ESX, and some Unix server systems, as well as remotely managed client infrastructure.
- The architect will be the primary contact for remote and hosted managed service customers and work with a team of engineers to architect, implement and support Rackspace’s hosting services environment.
- Other duties include working with off-shore resources to plan maintenance, be a point of escalation for off-shore and on-shore team members and help build our self-service cloud infrastructure.Support our largest Enterprise clients, ensuring their complex infrastructures stay up and running 24/7 while working with bleeding-edge technology.
- Define, Design, Implement, and Support complex hosted application infrastructures, incorporating:
Resilience (fiber, network and servers), performance, data reliability (backups, redundancy), monitoring (alerting, reporting)
- Create, automate and enforce standards of operation among team members and customers for regular occurring procedures.
- Install, Configure, Update, Support, and Troubleshoot services for customers such as:
OS level problem analysis for ERP-like application stack (expert level for system load, I/O, memory, networking)
Oracle Stack: Linux (RedHat, OEL), Apache, OracleDB, Java
Virtualization – VMWare, Oracle VM, Xen
Storage Technology: SAN, NAS, DAS, NetApp
Scripting: Python, Shell, Bash, etc.
Web Servers (httpd, apache, nginx)
Database Servers (Oracle, PostgresQL)
Applications Servers (Java)
Mail (Mail Transfer Agents)
- Scripting/programming with python, bash or perl, and experience with Saltstack or Ansible
- Guide customers by advising on technical issues; this includes designing and implementing solutions to meet business needs, including advanced software and hardware updates, that will improve the performance and reliability of the system