The Platform Product Manager position offers a unique opportunity to expand our resource tracking and customer tracking systems. This product manager will work across multiple teams to leverage existing technology and chart a path to innovation allow our organization to remove legacy debt and unify multiple systems into a single platform.
We are seeking self-motivated visionaries who are capable of joining our team to lead existing product journeys for legacy to innovative game changers. Our team is focused on non-revenue internal and external products as part of the unified support platforms that make Rackspace Fanatical Support award winning.
As a product manager on our dynamic and driven team, you will be responsible for owning the vision, organizational alignment and delivery of new products releases by conducting market research, managing backlogs, conducting user studies and creating product timeframes and plans, and crafting launch plans for new products.
Product Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating enterprise and executive stakeholders
- Own and drive several functional areas or product lines
- Write product requirement documents and feature specifications
- Keep track of competitors’ offerings
- Work closely with engineering throughout the development cycle
- Develop and maintain the vision and product roadmap for your area of responsibility
- Engage with customers to collect product feedback
- Partner with product marketing on messaging and positioning
- Assist sales with customers and prospects
- Clearly communicate vision and goals of existing and new products
- Lead and participate in planning meetings and provide advice and guidance on direction of products
- Manage cross-functional teams in business, product, design, and engineering
- Demonstrate functionality of completed products to internal team members and other stakeholders
- Develop metrics to assess the success of products and features and determine necessary enhancements
- Collaborate with customers, team members, and outside influencers to ensure a solid and well-rounded understanding of products and developing needs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products, solutions, and company offerings
- Create: High Level Business Requirements, Status Reports and Communications to customers and internal stake holders
- Guide external client advisory panels and sessions as needed.