PRIMARY PURPOSE: Performs complex trend analysis of business goals, objectives and needs for clients and the Professional Service business unit. The Business Analyst will provide consultative services validating business cases (ROI, TOC) and solution recommendation. Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner. Consults primarily on IT strategy, financial modeling, and application rationalization.
- Defines project purpose and cost/benefit analysis for initiatives and projects.
- Gathers data for analysis and reporting. Creates baseline opportunity, financial, TCO, ROI and other data models. Analyzes output and reports to customers and leadership.
- Develops and documents common methodology for producing TCO and ROI analysis for projects. Creates repeatable models and processes.
- Provides thorough communication internally within the department and externally to assigned projects.
- Runs with business operations and analytics needs as pertaining to: current projects and initiatives, ad hoc information requests, new data center builds, data center expansions, and business case development for tools and resources.
- Establish and execute against a consistent operating cadence and methodology i.e Sales stage process & forecasting, impact of ProServ to MRR, execution of the process that are designed by business management.
- Develop robust analytics and reporting capabilities that provide insights to ProServ leadership, recommend metric sets that can be used to review and predict the health of the business and performance.
- Monitor monthly/quarterly forecast and respective activities associated to current and future pipeline. Manage and provide visibility around leading indicators of future pipeline development and revenue generation.
- Conduct standard TCO’s and churn risk analysis. Creates TCO white-papers for customer presentation and consumption.
- Work with RPs leadership to identify business needs, challenges and opportunities.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieves billable utilization target.
- Produces reliable reports and data analysis projects in a timely manner.
- Maintains constant interaction with leaders and colleagues.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders of assigned segments and projects.
- Grows and maintains deep understanding about the businesses supported.
- Collaborates with internal resources to develop processes.
- Makes intelligent and informed recommendations to leadership based on data analysis and trends.
- Understands key drivers of success in functional area and uses this understanding to accomplish own work.
- Has become mostly autonomous but still relies on manager for guidance on work.
- Explores issues in areas of sales, supply chain management, finance and accounting.
- Understands when to create new models or practices and when to use existing.
- Decisions impact own team and other teams whose work activities are closely related.
- May suggest improvements to existing processes and solutions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Responds to moderate to complex proposals.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions or to recommend alternative resolutions.
- Maintains internal relationships and determines need for external contacts.
- Develops influence within own team based on reliability.