Rackspace is seeking a Senior Service Delivery Architect to join our team full time in one of our U.S. offices or Remote Work From Home in the U.S. for the right candidate.
- Owning the technical engagement, quality and ultimate success around delivery of engagments focused on Cloud Adoption, Design and migrations.
- Being subject matter expert and taking on a consultative role as it pertains to cloud adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Drive discussions with C-levels within the company and possess a technical background that enables them to easily interact with and give guidance to software developers and architects.
- Supports Professional Services engagements by demonstrating Technical Cloud Architectural knowledge and technical consultation assistance to help customers design systems that are purpose-built and well suited to their target infrastructure.
- Delivery of customer Cloud Strategies aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud readiness assessment, design, build and migrations.
- Design of client’s Cloud environments with a focus on Azure, GCP, VMWare and AWS.
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud.
- Produce design documents for effectively hand over infrastructure architectures to Operations teams for successful systems engineering and implementation.
- Responsible for implementing and leading the implementation of technical solutions, customer migrations (relocations, colocations, consolidations, cloud migrations), and data center modernizations as outlined in the Statement of Work.
- Seeks to build and document reusable, repeatable toolsets, components and modules for future use with other clients.
- Understand the technical requirements of enterprise customers and work closely with key technical personnel of client organizations to guide the direction of Rackspace solutions for our enterprise customer eco-system.
- Leads or participates in the successful delivery of complex customer IT Infrastructure projects from planning, design, build migration.
- Working closely with customer teams and Rackspace account, implementation and support teams across the North America region.
- Extremely focused on project delivery excellence and high level of customer satisfaction.
- Build tight working relationship with PS offshore Cloud delivery teams.
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- Discovery and Cloud readiness assessment for large enterprises IT portfolio to derive a business case to move into the cloud. Design and implement migration solutions as defined by SOWs and migration plans.
- Coordinates and consults with SAs and Sales teams to further streamline and detail out the build, deploy and management process for scoping and design of new and updated systems being deployed into the Rackspace ecosystem or other ecosystems.
- Proactively identify potential issues and work through resolution with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with consultants to ensure customer configurations are built and delivered with long-term sustainability and scalability.
- Generate and maintain configuration documents for all client production networks and systems.
- Works with external customers, internal support and build teams to determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving infrastructure as code, configuration management and other DevOps-type techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
- Network with key contacts and stakeholders internally and externally to drive process and efficiency in implementations.
- Serve as a technical expert for support and customers alike.
- Domestic travel required, up to 50%.