Rackspace is seeking a Service Delivery Architect in our Professional Services organization to join our team full time in Mexico City.
- Supports Professional Services engagements with ‘engineering muscle’ and technical consultation assistance, to help customers design systems that are purpose-built and well suited to their target infrastructure.
- Responsible for implementing and leading the implementation of technical solutions, customer migrations (rolocations, colocations, consolidations, cloud migrations), and data center modernizations as outlined in the Statement of Work.
- Seeks to build and document reusable, repeatable toolsets, components and modules for future use with other clients.
- Serves as the lead engineer on complex projects.
- Collaborates with consultants to align customer business strategies and IT architecture, ensuring Rackspace products and services are built and delivered in a sustainable and scalable manner.
- Works closely with key technical personnel of client organizations.
- Design and implement migration solutions as defined by SOWs and migration plans.
- Monitor, log and test customer configurations for performance and stability.
- Coordinates and consults with SAs and Sales teams to further streamline and detail out the build, deploy and management process for scoping and design of new and updated systems being deployed into the Rackspace ecosystem or other ecosystems.
- Proactively identify potential issues and work through resolution with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with consultants to ensure customer configurations are built and delivered with long-term sustainability and scalability.
- Troubleshoot issues, perform root cause analysis and performance tuning.
- Implement new technologies in customer environments, including upgrades, virtualization projects, and advanced infrastructure projects.
- Perform network analysis for client networks, identify deficiencies, recommend and implement improvements for stabilization.
- Generate and maintain configuration documents for all client production networks and systems.
- Works with external customers, internal support and build teams to determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving infrastructure as code, configuration management and other DevOps-type techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
- Network with key contacts and stakeholders internally and externally to drive process and efficiency in implementations.
- Serve as a technical expert for support and customers alike.
- Actively take ownership to address issues and solve problems, understanding up and downstream impacts and designing/delivering solutions appropriately.
- Serve as a mentor to other engineers.
- Develop and implement best practices for team processes.