PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for researching and gathering data, assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations on global data center and VMI assets that support global Inventory best practices. Uses advanced analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and enhance processes. Manage and support VMI Program with suggestions and action plans for improvements. Works with subject matter experts and functional stakeholders to define metrics and performance goals for various processes and applications. Assists in the research, design and development of applicable key performance indicators (KPIs) for business management. Participates in the execution (either pilot or full roll-out) of new programs.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Excellent quantitative and analytical skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy, time management and problem-solving skills. Strong knowledge of process improvement. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills. Self-starter and independent worker driven by personal standards of excellence. Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand. Ability to influence. Ability to be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities. Advanced abilities and understanding of computing tools, such as databases, spreadsheets and statistics. Ability to facilitate change.
- Investigates issues to determine root cause.
- Develops and implements continuous improvements and process efficiency.
- Implement and/or manage relevant systems used.
- Management of Global asset dashboards and VMI score card.
- Analyze performance metrics and develop action plans to mitigate ongoing issues or substandard results.
- Assists in the organization projects and milestones.
- Review VMI Supplier performance and suggest optional strategies and direction of program.
- Leverage VMI Program to increase VMI Supplier owned Inventory over Rackspace owned Inventory.
- Ongoing review of Inventory levels at VMI with suggested strategies and action plans of reducing unused excess.
- Work closely with Planners and Inventory to maintain adequate VMI stock levels whilst reducing on hand stock
- Perform onsite stock audits at VMI to ensure database accuracy.
- Management of weekly global asset report on excess assets and present data to Leadership each month with recommendations for action.
- Management of the Sale and Disposal of un-used assets globally, with tracking and reporting of this data.
- Support company acquisition efforts in onboarding strategies with a drive towards best practice.
- Attend weekly Inventory calls to support global Inventory needs and serve as a liaison regarding supply chain processes.
- Prepare and present reports for management.
SUPERVISION: Operates under minimal supervision with latitude for independent judgment.