Rackspace is seeking a Linux Operations Engineer for the Technology Engineering Services (TES) department in our San Antonio, TX global headquarters or in our Austin, TX office.
- Work with cutting edge hardware and software at scale in the cloud computing space.
- Provide Fanatical Support to our customers through your innovative solutions.
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services such as MySQL/NoSQL, SaltStack, Scale and many others.
- Collaborate in a “DevOps” environment where you will work closely with software developers, QA and more (no silos tolerated).
- Constantly search for new ways to help us better monitor our infrastructure, deploy new capacity faster, release code more safely, and make us more resilient.
- Write automation tools/scripts to help keep the operations team stay nimble and focused on the challenges ahead.
- Perform periodic on-call duties as part of a global team.
- Passionate contributor, works as a member of the team, produces high quality work.
- Leverages established processes to get work done efficiently and assists in the creation of better solutions.
- Assists team by proactively addressing problems and inefficiencies in our work and systems.
- Makes connections between seemingly unrelated concepts and ideas, aware when to diverge from standard practices.
- Serves as an expert for some products or projects.
- Contributes to central store of knowledge.