PRIMARY PURPOSE: Maximizes new revenue through inbound channels and generates additional revenue through outbound referrals from our channel ecosystem. Interacts with senior-level and executive customer management in order to positively affect the final purchase decision.
SALES CYCLE: 3 – 12 Months
- Small to Large Enterprise segment customers.
- Moderate to Highly Complex Configurations
- Sells to high level, up to C-Suite management
- Develop strategically viable and well-planned sales opportunities with a target set of Master/Sub Agents.
- Responsible for full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Provide Master/Sub Agents with Rackspace product offering based on facts and an understanding of their customer's current/future needs.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with key stakeholder to drive decisions that result in the close of the sale.
- Use knowledge to influence, teach, and motivate others towards accomplishing a common goal.
- Logically communicate technical information and ideas so others will understand.
- Identify opportunities to create promoter Partners & Customers and work to identify new ways to leverage our product set in order to delight them.
- Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with Support Teams, Account Managers and Sales Support Teams.
- Works closely with Sales Engineers, Technical Sales Reps to perform in depth assessment of customer needs and infrastructures.
- Performs proactive assessments of how well Rackspace solutions meet the customer requirements and what customization would be required; presents the assessment to customers as part of the sales process.
- Utilizes business relationships to drive new opportunities. Shares knowledge base to create best practices and upscale talent within the team.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to provide customer feedback and requests on product portfolios.
- Identifies gaps in the sales process and activates to create efficiencies.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Meets or exceeds sales targets
- Meets or exceeds pipeline targets
- Ensure documentation necessary for the deal is properly maintained and updated and provide leadership updates on status, resources, and financial information
- Create advocates out of clients by delivering fanatical customer experience and leverage client advocates to drive additional sales.
- Ensure all relevant data and reporting into CRM in timely fashion.
- Works independently, with guidance in complex situations only.
- Leads projects or programs the function.
- Decisions impact the achievement of customer, operational, program or service objectives.
- Actions are guided by policies, resource requirements, budgets and the area business plan.
- Contributions often result in business or process improvements.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Leads others to solve issues of diverse scope where analysis requires an understanding of current business trends.
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to give potential customers a seamless experience across Rackspace through sales, implementation and onboarding, and Account Management hand-off.
- Gather and collaborate with internal resources (Specialist Sellers, Portfolio Architects, Specialized Architects, Pro Serv) so that consistent, aligned solutions are presented to potential customers.
- Recommend resource allocation to ensure right level of subject matter expertise.
- Conduct analysis of pursuits and develop best practices.
- Share knowledge with stakeholders in strategic pursuit, support, and sales organization.
- Influence the sales process through leadership consultation and real world examples.
- Business knowledge to understand customer needs and strategy and apply the value of Rackspace solutions to their specific situation.
- Must have the experience and business savvy necessary to interact directly with CTO, CIO, VP and other senior roles within the customer organization.
- Must have the business connections to gain access to new customers through self-directed referrals and customer penetration activities.
- Requires specialized expertise in job discipline and working knowledge of other related job disciplines.
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives.
- Able to effectively communicate over the phone, through email, and face-to-face.
- Ability to communicate the same message in a different way to both technical and business oriented people. Superior ability to adapt messages to stakeholders at all levels of the company, from CTO level to front-line technical support.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Goal oriented with superior work ethic.
- Ability to influence others in decision-making.
- Superior negotiation skills and the ability to negotiate with many personality types.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work numerous projects at the same time.
- Strong problem solving skills and a high level of patience and the ability to nurture.
- Ability to develop and manage internal and external business relationships of various temperaments, talents and convictions.