We are seeking a Lead, Quality Engineering (QE) to join our team in San Antonio or Austin, TX.
As a Quality Engineering Lead at Rackspace you are responsible for overseeing the testing resources, framework, and test infrastructure for “TES: Global Sales Enablement” product line. At Rackspace, we pride ourselves in providing a great working environment, talented team members and cutting edge technology. For this role you will be managing a team of technical Quality Engineers and work side by side with Software Development. A passion for quality and a fanatical support attitude is a must. This position is located in San Antonio, TX and open to Austin, TX as an alternate location. As a Lead, you will report directly to the Senior Manager of Quality Engineering.
- Leads testing effort for one or more products within the Cloud Infrastructure Product line
- Creates test strategy documentation
- Identify failures to determine whether they are related to gaps in testing, maintenance, issues, or functional issues
- Review test strategies and report on test results to cross functional team
- Lead a team of quality engineers that deliver test automation and maintain the CI/CD pipeline
- Conducts code reviews of more junior SDT's tests
- Assess and communicate risks based on product complexity, resource and/or timeline constraints
- Follow Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Schedules quality engineering resources and maintains test strategies that include security, integration, performance and positive and negative functional test coverage.
- Work closely with QE leadership, development, product managers and support
- Facilitate communication upward and across the cross-functional project team including project status, justifications for variances and technical information
- Measure and evaluate test progress including results of development test efforts (unit tests)
- Lead personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, appraise, set goals, reward, motivate, discipline, writes performance reviews, recommend termination as necessary).
- Provides input for solving problems and recommends or executes a well-defined remediation plan
- Participates in design and architecture reviews
- Collaborates with other quality and development engineers to build, evolve, and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline