Are you technical savvy? The datacenter operations technician is responsible for customer configurations, within the data center environment ensuring all customer server environments are secure, operational and maintain 99.999% uptime.
Rackspace operates several data centers (DC’s) both in the US and abroad. With over 30,000 devices across these DCs, we are always seeking new Rackers who can provide fanatical service to our internal and external customers.
- Identify and troubleshoot simple hardware failures on x86-based servers to include the replacement of failed hardware components
- Support servers running Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Server, Ubuntu Linux or VMWare ESX Server
- Troubleshoot simple local area network (LAN) connectivity issues and reestablish remote access to customer configurations utilizing SSH, Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services or Remote Access Controllers
- Complete the troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of network device hardware including access and aggregation switches, firewalls, load-balancers and security appliances
- Complete the troubleshooting, configuration and replacement of storage devices including DAS and NAS arrays
- Complete customer configuration maintenances including hardware modification, operating system installation, mounting of the devices within cabinets and completion of all cabling needs required
- Troubleshoot copper and fiber cabling including initial installation testing as well as connectivity issues with previously deployed copper or fiber cabling