Rackspace is seeking a Cloud Container Architect to join our OpenStack Private Cloud team full time in one of our offices or REMOTE Work from Home.
- Responsible for the design and support of OpenStack Private Cloud platforms.
- Is an ambassador for RPC through their attendance in OpenStack conventions, conferences, meetups, etc.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer within the RPC organization.
- Effective communicator at all levels from technical through to non-technical directors.
- Displays a basic level of business acumen with an eagerness to fully understand a customer’s strategic and non-technical needs.
- Deploys, maintains, and upgrades the customer’s OpenStack infrastructure ensuring a smooth operational experience for their assigned base.
- Responds to support requests and co-ordinates Rackspace/Customer support teams where appropriate within both tickets and phones.
- Serves as an on-call emergency escalation support resource 24/7.
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions (to include Runbooks, Network diagrams, and Environment diagrams).
- Identifies opportunities for growth and passes leads to an Account Development Manager or RPC Sales Overlay.
- Assist Product team with implementation of new features in Rackspace Private Cloud.
- Work closely with sales teams during large scale implementations or non-standard deployments.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to review solution architecture then puts forward and implements proposals for improvement.
- Supports the Account Development Manager in customer projects.