Rackspace is seeking a Linux Enterprise Support Architect to join our team full time in one of our offices or Remote Work from Home in the USA for exceptional candidates.
- Serves as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and has ownership of technical support for a designated customer base.
- Provides consulting service to customers on building, maintaining, and upgrading systems to meet customer needs.
- Applies creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems, while at the same time keeping the customer aware of every step along the way.
- Analyzes customer configurations, uses initiative and advises on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience using existing or planned methods and suggests alternatives that may better serve the stability of the customer’s solution.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Solves customer's technical issues which can include OS level, webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, user management and permissions, or other software issues.
- This role may be on call 24x7x365 and is the premier role of Fanatical Support.
- Acts as a SME for specialized technologies, and is viewed as a valuable resource on the support floor.
- Identifies and executes technical projects to improve the technical support function at Rackspace.
- Owns the technical support for the customer base; tracks issues, ensures resolution at the appropriate level.
- Ensures customers receive a Fanatical Support experience.
- Understands customer configurations and analyzes strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Collaborates with customer to proactively address weaknesses and opportunities.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to provide support.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system service issues and OS level issues.
- Receives and resolves issues escalated from lower level admins.
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above an beyond their expectations.
- Mentors and coaches Rackers on the technical support floor.
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, must be able to work a flexible work schedule, may include nights, weekends, holidays, emergency escalations, etc.
- Receives escalations from others.
- Mentors and coaches individual contributors.