At Rackspace, HR is more than just solving people problems. It’s having a seat at the table, partnering with business leaders, and delivering results. Rackspace is a dynamic company with opportunities to grow in multiple areas whether it’s supporting product/technology, sales & marketing, M&A activity, or overall people and culture strategy, Rackspace is a place to learn and grow your career. Here, we call our employees "Rackers." That's not a title or a label - it is an attitude and reflection of who we are, what we do, and most importantly how we do it. Rackers are the voice behind the call, the brains behind our expertise and innovation, and the heart behind our service to customers. Exceptionally talented, creative, smart people helping the world leverage technology to achieve a greater purpose - that's who we are.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a Senior HR Business Partner – someone who loves to advise leaders, activate to create people strategies that support the business plan, and wants to be part of an amazing team.
Specific duties include:
- Translating business strategies and issues into appropriate HR actions.
- Will coach key business leaders on leading and managing their organizations effectively.
- Diagnoses organizational effectiveness issues and implements solutions.
- Runs large-scale HR processes including annual compensation cycle, performance management cycle, hi-potential talent review, engagement survey, and more.
The right candidate will:
- Exercise excellent judgment and makes recommendations that balances the needs of employees as well as the company.
- Our HR Business Partners are the single point for HR for their assigned business unit, so an ability to manage multiple competing and important priorities quickly, and effectively communicate back to other HR stakeholders and business leaders is critical.
- Above all, a strong sense of integrity and impeccable professional maturity is a must.
- Invaluable knowledge of the business and/or function.
- Competent in all HR functional areas (staffing, compensation, talent acquisition, etc.).
- Proven HR business partner skills.
- Expert knowledge and experience with team dynamics.
- Expert knowledge of applicable employment laws, compensation philosophies, and the HR operating mechanisms.
- Applies excellent interpersonal skills both in one-on-one situations with all levels of personnel, and in facilitating group meetings and keeping them on track.
- Makes well-reasoned, appropriate decisions based on analysis of highly uncertain input or outcomes.
- Strong business acumen.
- Understands the business as a member of the management team.
- Understands the principles of change management and is able to architect and execute a complex change effort.
- Mastery of process and project management skills.
- Applies in-depth knowledge and teaches and coaches others.
- Effective and persuasive presentations appropriate for all audiences up to Vice President-level when communicating any of the above.
- Effective on-boarding of employees and leaders.
- Drives the various HR operating mechanisms and initiatives within their client organization.
Typical operating mechanisms include:
- Q12 survey and follow-up actions, Org and Talent review, and focal salary review.
- May serve as program/project lead for initiatives across their Business Unit responsibility or site organization.
- HR strategic action plan based on business needs.
- Improves performance by leaders due to coaching by the HRBP. Successful execution of HR driven operating mechanisms such as focal salary review, Q12 action planning, and organization and talent review.
- Workforce plans, strategic hires and talent mobility.
- Organization and job designs.
- Leadership assessments and development plans.
- Communication plans.
- Partner with Racker Rewards to develop Total Rewards strategy for particular business unit (if requested).
- Risk analysis and risk mitigation plans.
- Resolution of the most complex employee relations issues.
- Effective and persuasive presentations appropriate for project teams and business leaders, when communicating any of the above.
- Coordination and co-facilitation of Rapid Immersion Program (RIP) and Rookie Orientation (as required).