Responsible for acquiring, activating, and accelerating Rackspace’s partner business while driving incremental revenue. Owns the sales process for partner sourced and influenced business. Supports Rackspace sales teams to drive revenue goals. Works closely with the hosting sales team to discuss opportunities for potential incremental Rackspace business. Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed.
- Manages the relationship with key and influential members of the Rackspace Partner Network.
- Focuses on lead generation and top of funnel activities in order to drive leads and opportunities to sell Rackspace portfolio through indirect sales channels.
- Serves as liaison to partners with regards to any sales related issues.
- Performs business development activities through indirect sales channels in order to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Contacts and visits partners and prospective customers to determine needs.
- Creates and performs sales presentations to pitch Partner Program and create joint value proposition between Rackspace and Partners.
- Remains knowledgeable of company’s products/services to facilitate partner sales efforts.
- Maintains regular contact with partners to ensure FANATICAL support and partner NPS scores.
- Maintains a regular schedule of contact via phone and on-site visits as needed.
- Educates partners on Rackspace portfolio and enablement for tools and resources to help drive demand through the partner channel.
- Utilizes partner information and feedback to drive Rackspace technical and product offerings in response to customer needs.
- Responsible for the full sales cycle from lead to close, primarily solution-based sales.
- Supports and identifies highly strategic and high revenue opportunities.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to determine the best product solution and services fit via conference calls, site visits, and e-mail correspondence.
- Works with the sales teams to craft deliverables to present to prospects.
- Aligns customer, partner, and Rackspace objectives.
- Assists with internal/external application and partner training.
Key Performance Indicators
- Meets and exceeds revenue generation targets.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with our partners based on trust and in alignment with Rackspace’s Core Values.
MAIN CONTACTS (external/internal):
- Channel Sales Leaders
- Channel Partners
- Sales & Marketing Team
- External Customers
- Solution Engineering
- Service Delivery
- Technology Partners