We are looking to add a new member to our team to assist in the accounting and analysis of Payroll, Employee Benefits and General & Administrative expenses. This individual will participate in meetings with Finance and Business Unit teams throughout the organization to develop a solid understanding of the impact to the financial statements from changes in the business. The individual will also work closely with the organization’s Payroll, Human Resource, and Compensation teams. The individual will be responsible for creating journal entries, performing reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, preparing PBCs and providing detail and summary level analysis of impacts to the balance sheet and income statement.
Staff Accountant job duties:
- Prepare and record journal entries timely and accurately, according to GAAP.
- Complete account reconciliations and SOX controls timely and accurately.
- Meet with Business and Finance to monitor current activities in responsible area for implications on accounting.
- Work with and assist Finance and Business Unit teams in preparation of annual/quarterly budgets and provide guidance on the accounting treatment of certain expenditures and purchases.
- Actively review related processes and procedures for improvement and collaborating with other impacted teams to implement.
- Perform monthly/quarterly close activities, including account analysis, variance explanations, and PBCs for the SEC, and Tax teams, as well as external auditors.
- Position requires work beyond a standard 8 hours day during the financial close and other occasions as necessary, potentially including weekends and holidays.