PRIMARY PURPOSE: Drives the full sales cycle, utilizing industry and strategic knowledge to win large, complex, strategic, business changing deals. Responsible for providing customers with product solutions based on facts and understanding of customers' business needs and strategy. Generates and owns opportunities through the full sales cycle from lead to close. Leverages an established network of references to win credibility.
- Builds and owns the account plans, including pursuit plan, timeline, deliverables, and goals, for named prospects assigned to them.
- Builds and owns integrated portfolio plan to prioritize activities targeted at named prospects.
- In partnership with regional sales manager, finalizes named prospect list, providing input into additional strategic pursuits within territory that align with overall Rackspace competitive strategy (additions will be limited).
- Coordinates with Marketing and BDRs to select targeted marketing plays to run for named prospects.
- Leads sales process for all Rackspace solutions, particularly large, complex, multi-cloud pursuits requiring cross functional collaboration.
- Conducts targeted outbound prospecting within assigned accounts.
- Engages potential client to understand high-level needs and verifies right fit for Rackspace solution and to qualify leads based on set framework.
- Leads efforts to create proposal for solution to prove value add.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer contracts and renewals (for customers with growth potential).
- Collaborates with prospective customers to select the best solution to meet their needs out of the full product portfolio.
- Recognized as an expert within Rackspace.
- Proactively identifies and participates in the resolution of complex problems that impact the direction of the business.
- Develops and delivers innovative strategies that benefit customers and/or clients.
- Leads major business projects which impact a region or entire function.
- Contributes to the development of annual organizational objectives/priorities.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Meets or exceeds sales targets.
- Meets or exceeds pipeline targets.
- Ensures documentation necessary for the deal is properly maintained and updated and provides leadership updates on status, resources, and financial information.
- Creates advocates out of clients by delivering fanatical customer experience and leverages client advocates to drive additional sales.