Rackspace is modernizing IT in today’s multi-cloud world. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. We serve over 50% of the Fortune 100 companies & customers in 120 countries around the globe. Our achievements are powered by our people – we call them Rackers. We grow & thrive through world-class development opportunities, learning & selling bleeding-edge technologies & solutions, and most importantly, connecting with each other (the best & brightest in the industry). Are you a Racker? Join us!
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
The Fanatical Support for AWS Support Engineering team works primarily to enable our Support teams to create great customer outcomes. In this role, you will focus on collaborating with our Support team to provide the tooling and knowledge to help
scale their effectiveness. This may mean developing and maintaining a Lambda function to fill a Support tooling need, scripting out remediation of an issue for dozens of customers, researching new AWS Services and Features, and creating Wiki content
and training modules to help further our Support mission. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who possesses a strong desire to collaborate across functional teams, background in scripting or automating solutions, and are motivated to share
their experience and knowledge with the broader team. While the role is not primarily customer-facing, great communication skills and a passion for service are an absolute must!
Do you like to automate even the simplest tasks to avoid manual work? Do single points of failure and non-redundant systems give you nightmares? Are you most comfortable on the cutting edge of technology? If this describes you and you’re ready to attack some of the most complex problems in the industry, then it’s time for you to take on the challenge of being a Developer for Fanatical Support for AWS at Rackspace.
Rackspace serves over 200,000 customers globally, and the opportunities to solve the complex problems they present are endless.
Customer Focused: Launched in October 2015, Fanatical Support for AWS is the next generation of Fanatical Support. With over 500+ AWS Certified Architects, we throw years of talent and knowledge at our customer’s issues to create winning solutions.
From architecting customer infrastructure to deploying it programmatically and supporting it long term, our DevOps Engineers get to create one-of-a-kind, cutting edge cloud solutions for our customers.
Ready to launch your career into the clouds? (You see what we did there?) Hit the apply button already, talk with one of our talent specialists and start building a better future for you!
In this role you will:
- Work with an awesomely talented and experienced team
- Consult with customers, Rackers, and teammates to solve unique problems
- Create tools and automation on AWS infrastructure to better customer and
- Research and develop best-practices for cutting-edge AWS services and help launch them into our Support teams.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Certification (must be obtained within 90 days of hire date, training available)
- Configuration management experience using tools such as Chef, Salt, Ansible, Puppet, or DSC
- Orchestration experience with tools and services like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Openstack HEAT, Salt, or custom built orchestration tools leveraging SDKs or directly interacting with APIs
- Knowledge (preferably experience) in building distributed, highly scalable applications
- Experience working with at least one of the following languages: Python, Go, Node.js, or ASP.NET
- Experience scripting with bash or PowerShell
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Proficient in leveraging and deploying CI and CD tools and services. Experience integrating with native AWS services a plus.
Knowledge of containers (Docker and K8s specifically) --
Experience working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps-y environment
- Strong Linux (preferably with RHEL-based or Debian-based systems) or Windows system administration experience.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common web server, database, caching, database, and firewall services
- Foundational understanding of foundational networking concepts including IDS/IPS, OSI, TCP/UDP, VPN.
- Proficient with common network troubleshooting tools (tcpdump, netcat, Wireshark)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate
technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
Guru (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Proficiency to develop tools with with Python, PHP, Node.js, Java, Ruby, or ASP.NET
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience developing serverless applications on AWS Lambda
- Experience working in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC)
- Relevant technical certifications around Red Hat, MySQL, AWS, etc
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, DevOps Administrator, or SysOps
Administrator? You should definitely apply!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field.